About Loren Ekroth, Ph.D.
Dr. Loren Ekroth is a speaker, trainer and coach to corporations and government agencies with clients such as Sheraton Hotels, Hawaiian Electric Company, United Way, Naval Training Center Pacific, The Nature Conservancy, City and County of Honolulu, U.S. Army, International Association of Professional Administrators, ASTD Las Vegas, Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association, CUE Financial.
- Business Background
- Founder-director of the Natural Learning Center of Hawaii, a personal development training organization.
- President of a wholesale product fundraising company serving the state of Hawaii.
- Founder, Better Conversation Week, celebrated since 2002 at Thanksgiving.
- Creator of "Conversation Coaching Clubs," a worldwide self-help group for building conversation skills.
- Career/Life Counselor
- Business and personal coach: 35 years experience helping people achieve greater competence and success.
- 100+ columns on interpersonal relations for the Sunday Honolulu Advertiser, the Hawaii state newspaper
- 500+ electronic articles in "Better Conversations" ezine
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota, Intercultural Communication.
- Post-doctoral study, Psychosynthesis Institute of California.
- Global travel to 85 countries, instructional and research work in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Colombia and North Africa.
- Languages: Spanish, Italian.